Monday, July 30, 2012

I'm baaaack!

Really, I forgot I had this. And to the best of my knowledge, nobody else ever knew about it at all and I have no need for anyone to know about it now.  But something cathartic comes from writing your thoughts out, so I'm going to give it a shot.
My work now involves keeping an IT infrastructure built of disparate technologies that span 4 decades (I kid not- our primary system was largely written in the mid to late 1980s) up and functioning.  Interesting, but replacing a true geek who had to leave suddenly and is not easily available has its stressful moments.
But really, who cares?  I'm working and that's something.  I can't count the number of friends I have who are un or under employed and have been for a while.  If that wasn't enough, other friends are facing health issues.  Serious, life altering/threatening issues. It's hard to rant when people you know and love are fighting for their very lives.  So I won't.  But I will try and write some things I find amusing in days ahead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home